Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Work Never Stops

Don't take that phrase lightly, because it is absolutely true.

As I write this, I have one class and four hours of work standing between me and disappearing from college for a week. I'm celebrating Thanksgiving with my family at home (as usual, and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way), but guess what's coming with me?

That's right, you probably guessed it. I'm in college, which means I'm bringing homework with me. I've got a monster amount of final projects to start and attempt to finish (or at least make some semblance of progress).

But instead of talking about that, let's look at this as if I weren't in college.

I'd still go home. I'd still bring with me lots of work to do. Because I'd have my writing, I'd have my blogging. I'd have books to read. And while that all might not sound like work, I'm not qualifying "work" as things that are occasionally a pain in the rear end to do.

I'm talking: you will always have something to do that's important to you. Particularly if you're in the blogging/writing business in some form or another. There's another post to write, another book to review, another hundred words that needs to be written.

It's totally awesome. Why is it awesome? Because that is everything in life I love to do, no matter how many times writing, reading, editing, etc. makes me want to bash my head into a wall. It's basically my favorite thing to do (the work, not the bashing my head into a wall).

I just really wish that's all I had to do next week. Let's drop back into reality: I've still got school (until December 13th. Then I'm free for a month until the spring semester starts in January).

So what's my point: you will always have work to do. Just try and make it the kind of work that you enjoy. We don't always get a choice, but when we do: take it and run far, far away.

Tweet It:

Why @Rae_Slater says the work never stops, and why she doesn't want it to (Click to Tweet)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, homework, I do not miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for graduation, if only so I won't have to do the dastardly invention. You're definitely not missing out on anything!

      Delete