Friday, July 11, 2014

What Really Happens During the Summer?

This is one of those rhetorical questions that has a million different answers depending on who you ask. Here's my answer, coming from an empty college campus in New Mexico:

1. It gets so hot that my face melts off every single day of my life.
2. It's the time where I get locked out of my school's gym.
3. It's where I say that I'm writing, when in reality I'm staring at my Facebook/Twitter/Email and hoping something will change within the three seconds I looked away.
4. I tend to not have a lot of thoughts, mainly because there's really nothing happening.
5. I overthink everything, since I have a lot of extra time on my hands.
6. Lots of time gets wasted.
7. On the other hand, there's time for me to read four non-school related books in a single week.
8. Even if I can't concentrate on my book for long periods of time, I can still think about it in great detail.
9. Then I slam my head into my desk because for some reason, those thoughts won't translate into type-able words.

And last . . .

10. Ice cream becomes a socially-acceptable treat.

That's what happens to me during the summer. Don't get me wrong, though; I'm still writing, even if it doesn't sound like I am from the above list.

Genuine question: what do ya'll do during the summer?

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment