Thursday, April 24, 2014

Running Blind

Introspective moment, here: I have no clue what's happening with my life. And you know what? That's okay.

Everyone says it. Sometimes they're just being sarcastic, saying it because it's a common phrase that everybody uses, and then there's people like me: I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with my life.

Granted, nobody does. Everybody has their aspirations, their dreams. And those are your figurative finish lines. But nobody knows how they're going to get there. That's okay, too.

There comes a time in your life when you have to accept that you won't be able to jump to the top of the ladder if you're only on the second rung. You have to climb slowly; you have to learn. The experiences you encounter are priceless, whether they're for better or for worse.

So I just wanted to invite anyone reading this to keep an open mind. Opportunities are everywhere, and it's up to you to pick and choose which are best for you, as an individual, and just take a leap. Trust that you know what's best for you. Even if you can't see that finish line yet, don't ever forget it. because that's your driving force to keep going.

I bring all of this up because I admit: I have no clue what I'm doing with my life. I'm running blind. I see my friends here at college getting all sorts of incredible opportunities, things that will lead them closer to their own goal, and I'm reminded that it might just not be my time yet. And I keep going and I keep stashing away little experiences, new ideas, and anything that I think might come in handy one day.

As the title of this post might suggest, I'm running blind. I'm terrified of the fact that I'm graduating from college in a year and a half and I have no clue what I'm doing after. But I have those dreams, and I have ideas. I want to live on the east coast. That's a starting point. I don't know where that's going to lead me, but hey, it's something, right?

Just always remember, and keep reminding yourself, about the things that matter most to you. Keep your head up, no matter how thick the fog in front of you is. Dance in the rain. You're going to get wet, but once the sun comes out you're going to be glad you did.

To end this moment, I'm going to quote my roommate: You're not actually as lost as you think you are.

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment